Thursday, December 13, 2007

Monkey Progress


First off, perhaps, I owe an apology to the weather. Since the snarkiness of my last post, I've seen a lot of blue sky and even some sun! (I reserve the right to snark about the angle of the sun later... and to resume weather related snarking should I ever have to go more than 2 days without seeing the sun again.)

My monkey is progressing quite well. I've turned the heel, worked the gusset and am well into the foot. I can see how many knitters have become so addicted to this pattern and am already contemplating a second pair.

Plans for winter break knitting are taking shape -- provided that I finish my sister's Christmas sweater before Christmas... If not, I think I may have to force myself into some fibre related penance. Like de-stashing. Nothining like an incentive to finish...
So:
1. Work on Kunegunde. I left her in the US and thus absolutely no progress has been made.
2. Attempt to dye self striping yarn.
3. Knit recently designed socks with said yarn.
4. Avoid starting the Tangled Yoke Cardigan from the Fall 07 Interweave Knits.
(Feel free to remind me that I hate knitting sweaters...)
5. Try to convince self that, since said cardi is knit with spot weight yarn, it won't be much different from knitting a few pairs of socks, order yarn, and cast on anyway.

No comments: