Monday, December 10, 2007

New socks!


The rain has let up enough for me to go outside and photograph my latest socks. I'm certain that this is just some sort of ruse on the part of the weather -- something to lure me in to thinking that I can get to the library without getting wet. It'll start to rain again as soon as I forget my umbrella and walk out the door.
First up: finished Charade socks in knitpicks essential plum. I'm not sure why we have a laundry rack in our back yard, but it could be that I've misunderstood something and that one hangs one's laundry there to wash it rather than to dry it...
Up next, a close up shot of the same:

I got to be quite fond of this pattern and my only modifications resulted from misreading the instructions for the toe -- my toe is a bit longer than the pattern intended...










I have caved and cast on for a pair of Monkeys.
The wool is Lorna's Laces in Amethyst Stripe, that I had been hoarding since a trip to Knitch (Delafield, WI) with E. some months ago... The pattern is quite enjoyable but not really one I can work on whilst reading.

No comments: